Your Child is Moving Out

Now that your child has finished school or is getting married they are most likely getting a job and possibly moving out. We would like to remind you that in the event that your child moves out they may not be fully covered under your insurance anymore as they are no longer considered a residential relative (no longer living with you). This causes gaps in their coverage and can leave them uninsured.

One of the biggest gaps in coverage when your child moves out comes from your Auto Policy under non-owned automobile coverage. The child does not have coverage (especially PIP) for walking and getting hit, riding in another car and getting hit, driving anyone else’s cars, etc.  They ONLY have coverage for operating the vehicles on the parent’s policy, and only because they are allowing him “permissive use”.

To prevent this, it is important that when one of your children moves out that they get their own insurance policies so that they are fully covered in the event of a loss.

Please note, if your child is away at college and retains your address as their resident address, your child is still covered as a resident relative.




Contact Information

Office Hours - 7am to 5pm
Phone Hours - 8am to 4pm
Monday Thru Friday
7275 Bronson St. S.E.
Ada, MI 49301
Toll Free: (888) 695-9777
Phone: (616) 676-4000
Fax: (616) 676-4010

Community Involvement

Ada Historical Society
Ada Township Fire Department
Bible Study Fellowship
Family Promise
Flat River Outreach Ministries
Fore! The Children
Gilda's Club Grand Rapids
Kongor Development Association
Lowell Area Historical Society
Multitude Ministries
Straight Street Ministries
Susan Mast ALS Foundation
VanAndel Institute
Young Life
Call Now Button