Water Backup Coverage
We cover risk of accidental direct physical loss to covered property described under Coverage A – Dwelling, Coverage B -Other Structures and Coverage C – Personal Property caused by:
a. water from outside the plumbing system that enters through sewers or drains; and
b. water which enters into and overflows from within a sump pump, sump pump well or any other system designed to remove subsurface water which is drained from the foundation area.
• The drain must be located within the dwelling. If the drain is outside the dwelling coverage may not apply.
• Only pumps that are designed to keep water or sewage from outside the plumbing system out of the basement are covered.
• Lift pumps are not covered unless the are connected to the sump pump. If it is connected to the septic system, Coverage A would apply.
• Septic is always considered inside the plumbing system.
• If the backup is from one of the insureds service lines, coverage A will respond. If the Backup is from the main city line, then water backup coverage will apply.
Ada Historical Society
Ada Township Fire Department
American Cancer Society
Flat River Outreach
Fore! The Children
Grand Rapids Dream Center
Straight Street Ministries
Susan Mast ALS Foundation